0.3 - OrbTk next
0.3 (codename "Next") represents a complete restart of OrbTk. It will build on modern patterns like Entity Component System and Builder Pattern. From the API side OrbTk Next is similar to React and Flutter.
OrbTk is a project of Redox OS and is supported by two developers and two designers of Ergosign during their Focus Time and free time. The Focus Time group is a day-per-month employee activity of Ergosign, that time spent could be used on personal education and personal projects to support Open Source.
In parallel to the development of 0.3, a new visual design with a default theme and style guide will be created.
The general goal of OrbTk is the creation of a scalable and cross-platform (G)UI framework for the Rust programming language, in similar regards to Qt for the C++ programming language. It should be possible to create from lightweight tools to big data applications with OrbTk.
- Redox OS
Goal OrbTk next (0.3)
The main goal of 0.3 is to create the foundation of OrbTk next and its further versions. With the release of 0.3 the main components and the main API of OrbTk should be stable. A further goal of this release is the port of all OrbUtils the default set of Redox's graphical applications.
With the release of 0.3 all 7 GUIs examples should be implemented.
An other goal of 0.3 is that all public modules, structs, enums, functions and fields are documented.
Supported platforms for 0.3
- Redox OS
- DCES Entity Component System
- Backend winit / OrbGL and web / OrbGL web
- OrbGL A library for rendering 2D and 3D graphics (WIP)
- Widget API side
- State System
- Layout System
- Render System
- Event System
- Widget tree
- CSS themeing
- TextBox / PasswordBox (WIP | Design needed)
- Button (WIP | Functional finished | Design needed)
- CheckBox Button (WIP | Functional finished | Design needed)
- ToggleButton Button (WIP | Functional finished | Design needed)
- Switch Button (WIP | Functional finished | Design needed)
- ProgressBar (WIP)
- Widgets (WIP)
- Light theme (WIP)
- Multi Window
- Canvas (WIP)
- 7GUIs Counter
- 7GUIs Temperature Converter (Could be done | Help wanted)
- 7GUIs Flight Booker
- 7GUIs Timer
- 7GUIs CRUD
- Login (WIP)
- Property methods for WidgetContainer
- Use Context for layouts
- Message channel
- Window extension
- Layout improvement
- Prelude module
- Grid Layout
- Two Bugs in Widgets Example on Windows 10
- Servo WebRender Backend Evaluation
- Theme extension
- Image Widget
- Initial ScrollViewer for TextBox
- Theming support