Make fails in the prepare stage of the cookbook recipe for xz
Created by: HarryU
- I agree that I have searched opened and closed issues to prevent duplicates.
When building Redox, after installing the toolchain and compiler,
make all fails with an error about the prepare stage of the cookbook recipe for
The error message says:
can't find the file to patch at input line 4 Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
I suspect the files haven't been un-tarred properly for some reason, but I'm not sure.
- Operating system: Kubuntu 16.04
Linux laptop 4.4.0-98-generic #121-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 10 14:24:03 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
rustc 1.23.0-nightly (d0f8e2913 2017-11-16)
git rev-parse HEAD:
Steps to reproduce
- Prepare the build with the bootstrap script
- Install the toolchain
- Expected behavior: The build should complete.
- Actual behavior: The build errors out.
I could remove the requirement that depends on
xz, but I think it's
extrautilsthat is requiring it, which seems like something I want.