Tracking issue for partitioning
Created by: jD91mZM2
Tracking issue for partitioning, which is a blocking issue for multibooting.
Decide on URI path for accessing partitions as files (as everything is a URI). Currently
ahcidwill name the raw disks after their numbers, and the partitions of the disks as
- Implement GPT in the bootloader for legacy booting
- Implement GPT in the UEFI bootloader. This currently uses the EFI boot services to find partitions, so it depends on firmware support.
- Implement MBR in the bootloader for legacy booting
- Implement MBR in the UEFI bootloader. As with GPT, this depends on firmware support.
- Make kernel respect partition bounds