Issue with compiling for the first time.
- I agree that I have searched opened and closed issues to prevent duplicates.
make all Failing to compile.
uname -a: Linux laptop 5.4.0-7642-generic #46~1598628707~20.04~040157c-Ubuntu SMP [REDACT] x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
NOTE: I am currently running Pop!_OS, not vanilla Ubuntu.
rustc -V: rustc 1.48.0-nightly (6af1bdda5 2020-09-15)
git rev-parse HEAD: d7e52b52
Steps to reproduce
- Follow Manual Setup in https://doc.redox-os.org/book/ch02-04-preparing-the-build.html
- Run make all as stated in https://doc.redox-os.org/book/ch02-05-compiling-redox.html
- Expected behavior: Compile finishes without error.
- Actual behavior: Receive error:
mk/depends.mk:13: *** cargo-config 0.1.1 not found, run "cargo install --force --version 0.1.1 cargo-config". Stop.
I don't know where to find logs, but would be happy to provide them if someone can point me to the right place
- #1310 Possibly same bug? I'm not familiar with the build systems involved, so I can't say for sure.